Article By Dianna Hobbs // EEW Magazine Purity
Abstinence advocate Dianna Hobbs says remain strong in your convictions and adhere to the principles outlined in the word of God.
But in a culture that glorifies lust and sexuality, it can be hard to focus on the all the ways purity rocks. So here are 10 reasons you should abstain until marriage.
1. You honor your spiritual commitment to God, which is most important of all.
2. You avoid developing soul ties with multiple partners.
3. You don’t have to endure the heartbreak that follows giving yourself away to an unworthy person who devalues you afterward.
4. You are able to connect with a mate based on true love, without being blinded by lust, giving yourself a better chance at a successful relationship.
5. Your God-honoring lifestyle allows God into the process of connecting you with your soul mate, helping you avoid making the wrong choice.
6. You will not have to deal with the overwhelming guilt that comes with sexual compromise.
7. You will not be hindered from walking in your divine purpose due to hidden sexual sin.
8. You will avoid sexually transmitted diseases—some of which are incurable and can impact your quality of life forever.
9. You will not need to worry about bringing a child into the world with someone who is not ready to commit to you or that life they helped you create.
10. You will feel strong, confident and experience the true freedom that comes from walking in obedience to God and submitting to His will.
While abstinence does not guarantee that you will never face trouble in your relationship, it will eliminate a whole lot of unnecessary drama from your life.
So today, I invite you to invite God into your relationship choices. In order for Him to dwell do His work, however, you must be willing to walk in purity.
Your Abstinence Coach,
To learn how to better value yourself, uphold your standards and resist sexual compromise, get your copy of Dianna Hobbs' best-selling book The New A-list: Abstinence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder, now available on Amazon.com, BarnesandNoble.com, and Booksamllion.com.